Second Skin Safety Standards
At Second Skin we take safety very seriously and set high standards in regards to:
- Sterilization of instruments
- Hygiene standards in treatment protocols
- Equipment and facility safety and cleanliness
- Proper safety and security protocols
- Proper Staff Certification and Education
- FDA and Health Canada approved equipment
- Proper consultation and medical questionnaires given pertaining to the service in question.
- Education of clients in regards to after care treatment and proper usage of products
Our Pledge to You: A Safe and Clean Medspa
Dear Valued Customer,
There is nothing more important to us than your safety and comfort when you visit our Medspa. That’s why we pledge to adhere to the highest industry standards. We welcome your questions and will address your concerns concisely and openly, and we will provide backup if you request it.
With your safety in mind:
• We sanitize and disinfect all reusable manicuring tools in accordance with Province regulations and industry “best practices.” Any tools that can’t be disinfected are disposed of or given to the client after a single use. If you would like to bring in your own tools, you are welcome to. We still disinfect your tools before using them, as required by state law.
• We clean our hands prior to each service and ask you to do the same.
• We use clean towels or manicure mats for each client.
• We never use a blade to cut any skin, including calluses. Heavy callus needs to be taken down gently and sometimes over the course of a few services.
• We use only quality, professional-grade, legal, and safe products.
• We take steps to minimize your expose to odors, vapors, and filing dust in the salon. These steps include using covered waste cans, keeping products tightly covered, and taking out only enough products to be used on your service.
• If we used an electric file, we are trained to use it safely and painlessly. We take pride in our professionalism: • Our licenses are up-to-date.
• We will evaluate the health of your nails before your service and refer you to a physician if indicated. Be sure to let us know if you have any health conditions — like diabetes — that may affect your service.
• We will make recommendations for at-home maintenance of your nails. We encourage you to understand your own role in keeping your nails in healthy and attractive condition.
• We regularly take classes in techniques, health and safety, and product knowledge to enhance the quality and safety of your services. You may be concerned about safe pedicures.
Here is what we do to ensure your total safety:
• Whirlpool pedicure spas come in different types: pipeless, piped systems, and non-electrical pedicure basins. Our salon uses pipeless pedicure basins.
• We have cleaning protocols and we have safety procedures that are done after every client, at the end of every day, and once a week.
• Our pedicure tools are disinfected or disposed of according to the high standards set by the Health Canada. Any pedicure implements that can’t be disinfected will be disposed of after use on a single client.
• Tools and implements that can be safely reused — such as nippers and electric file bits — will be disinfected according to state regulations.
Second Skin Medspa Management
If you ever have any questions or concerns in regards to our safety standards, or if you witness a safety violation, please do not hesitate to contact us directly by email at email@example.com and an owner or manager will contact you within 24 hours to address your concerns.